Institute for Rural Initiatives is looking for a Fundraising Officer
Position / Title: Fundraising officer
Time: Part Time ~20 hrs/week
Institute for Rural Initiatives (IRI) is a non-governmental, non-profit and public interest organization that promotes socio-economic initiatives in rural communities (villages and small towns) from Moldova.
More info: www.iri.md
Fundraising officer is a new position within IRI meant to help the organization to more effectively access diverse and sustainable sources of funding for achieving IRI’s mission and core goals.
The fundraising officer will be focusing on the following target areas:
- Raise funds from relevant donors, including business sector
- Engage in project writing
- Raise funds from Sponsorship or other type of fundraising activities.
Activities Include (but are not limited to):
- Assist IRI in designing a relevant fundraising strategy;
- Finding local and international donors interested in funding IRI activity;
- Identify one time, multiple or permanent sponsors (companies, banks etc.) with integrated CSR Programs or a desire to do something for the good of/development of rural communities;
- Engage in writing project proposals;
- Conceptualize and prepare Fundraising events;
- Design and coordinate Facebook or other social networks groups for fundraising/advertising of IRI ideas, needs, events and services;
- Attend relevant networking and connection-growing events;
- Represent IRI in Moldova and/or abroad in events/activities related to fundraising/sponsorship and project writing;
- Research call for proposals and other new opportunities and inform IRI Director about the needed actions/changes to be taken in respect to financial sustainability of IRI.
Skills / Experience
- Proven experience in fundraising and project writing;
- Experience in fundraising/sponsorship in the NGO or private sectors or sales experience in business;
- Event management experience;
- Working high-proficiency in Romanian and English (other languages such as Russian and French would be an advantage);
- Professional communications skills, written and verbal.
Required soft skills
- Result oriented
- Creativity and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in a self-starting environment
- Outgoing and confident personality
- Marketing or sales background
- Corporate Social Responsibility programs
- Small business management experience
The fundraising officer reports directly to the Executive Director.
Duration of commitment: 1 year with possibility of extension (15 February 2019 – 31 January 2020) with a test period of 2 months (February – March 2019).
Remuneration: A competitive part-time salary is offered. Experience and qualifications will be also taken into consideration. At the end of the testing period (February 2019 – March 2019) the candidate will need to have successfully accomplished at least one fundraising project.
For applying at this position the candidates are kindly required to submit the following documents:
- Letter of interest (motivation, relevance and the list of projects/actions the candidate succeeded to get funding for)
- CV with relevant to this position info;
- Contact details of 2-3 persons that can confirm the applicant’s fundraising/project writing experience.
The above-mentioned documents are to be send by email - firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 January 2019, 23.59.
Due to inability to respond to every email - ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted before 22nd of January to be invited for the interview.