Tender for the contracting of a short-term expert to provide advisory support to the Parliamentary Commission on Environment and Regional Development
Tender no 83340161
The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an individual expert to provide advisory support to the Parliamentary Commission on Environment and Regional Development, within a regional Project.
Main tasks and responsibilities under the assignment:
- In close cooperation with the Parliamentary Committee on Environment and Regional Development and the project, identify areas of advisory and other related support and develop a work plan.
- Analyse selected legislative and regulatory framework (especially, but not exclusively, in the area of Regional Development) and provide recommendations for necessary amendments or informative notes/conclusions, depending on the case.
- In coordination with the Parliamentary Committee and GIZ, advocate for new policy, laws, regulations initiatives or relevant amendments in relation to regional development matters in line with the EU or other international practices applicable in the context of the Republic of Moldova.
- Support in the organisation and participation in the working sessions of the Parliamentary Committee, public consultations, discussions and public hearings.
- Act as a communication link between Parliament and Government actors, RDCs, RDAs, LPAs, international partners and in case needed, provide support in the organization of multilevel dialogue events in different formats.
- Support in the organisation of field visits in the regions and study visits abroad.
- Support in organization of targeted capacity building measures and events for the members of the Parliamentary Committee on Environment and Regional Development.
- Provide specialized assistance in parliamentary supervision over the execution of certain laws in line with the relevant procedures and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master would be an advantage) in the field of Economy, Law, Public Administration or any related relevant discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in advisory support in policy and legal areas; experience in regional development planning and programming is an advantage;
- Proven track record in providing advice to senior public officials; in-depth knowledge of the Moldovan Parliament/Government structures and actual work processes of such;
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Effective communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with excellent time management skills;
- Ability to work in international teams;
- Proven skills in using of standard software applications, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Fluency in Romanian, English and Russian.
Applications shall include:
- detailed CV and cover letter, explaining the motivation for the position;
- financial offer, including gross daily rate in MDL and a total amount per up to 90 work days of assignment, for the period November 2019 – August 2020.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract with the possibility of further extension or follow-on contract conclusion.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova, holding the Moldovan residentship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
Applications shall be delivered in sealed envelopes, showing the tender number (83340161) and subject on it, to the address of GIZ Office Chisinau (66 Bernardazzi St., 5th floor, left wing; Chisinau, MD-2009) not later than 11 November 2019, time 17:00.
Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
Questions shall be e-mailed to email@example.com, by showing tender number in the message title. For the Terms of Reference, please address a message to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and showing the tender number in the message title.