Applications are accepted from August 10th, 2019 (00:01 GMT). Entries to the competition must be submitted before October 1st, 2019. The shortlist of finalists will be defined by November 20th, 2019. The finalists will be notified accordingly.
Winning projects in each category will be revealed at the award ceremony on January 22nd, 2020. The total prize fund is 520,000 CHF. Three winners in each category share a monetary prize of 130,000 CHF (including taxes, as stipulated by the legislation in force):
The first prize winner receives 100,000 CHF.
The second prize winner receives 20,000 CHF.
The third prize winner receives 10,000 CHF.
No submission fees are charged.
Rules of Entry
Applications submitted only by representatives (members) of professional journalism organizations (unions/associations/societies) are accepted for participation in the contest.
Self-nominations are possible for representatives of professional journalism organizations.
Maximum of 3 (three) journalists from one journalism organization can be nominated for participation in the contest.
A submission form must be filled out by a representative of a registered organization.
Publications (stories/articles/reportings) participating in the contest must have been published in printed media (newspapers/magazines/journals) and/or posted on media websites/outlets from June 1st, 2018 to May 31st, 2019.
One publication must be attached to the application form in accordance with the instructions on the website. If a series of publications on one subject are submitted for the contest they must be sent in one file. The attached file must be in PDF format and must not exceed 10 Mb.
The following details must be indicated in the form:
Personal details referring to the representative of a journalism organization:
- Surname and first name;
- Professional journalism organization you are representing;
- Country where professional journalism organization is registered;
- Contact details (phone number, e-mail)
Personal details referring to the author of the publication:
- Surname and first name;
- Citizenship or country of residence;
- Author’s place of work (name of an organization and address);
- Author’s position;
- Contact details (phone number, e-mail);
- Contact details of one or more organizations for requesting references and feedbacks in relation to the authors;
- Author’s written consent to participate in the contest (in free format) in case the application is submitted by the third person
Data referring to the publication
- Category of the competition;
- Information on the publication (title and media platform where the reporting was published, country of publication (for printed publications);
- Original language of publication;
- Link to the publication, date of publication;
- Reasons for nomination in brief (a few statements)
For inquiries please contact us by email email@example.com
Requirements to Publications
All publications must be provided in English. Publications in languages other than English will be accepted provided that they are accompanied by translation into English. The translation must be provided in the same file as the original publication. The translation must be carried out by a professional translator and be of high quality. The translation must be accurate and complete; it has to be carried out in line with the norms and standards of the English language. Translation through an automatic engine is not valid. Word-for-word translation is not allowed.
Materials published in printed media, posted on media websites and media will be accepted for participation in the contest.
If you are unable to submit your application please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org