TERMS OF REFERENCE - ToR 04_08_2019
Position: Accounting Officer
Position details: part time
Start date: August 2019
Project Title: „Trade and Innovation in Wine Industry - WINET”
Project leader: Agency for Investment
Project duration: 21 months
Location: Agency for Investment, Chişinău, Moldova
Position’s scope and objectives:
The Accounting Officer is a member of project management’s team, directly subordinated to the project manager. His/her main objectives relate to the following activities: providing financial management support; conducting the financial management responsibility for the project; ensuring project’s satisfactory and adequate financial management system; assuring an accurate record for all transactions undertaken in the project; preparing timely and accurate financial reports.
Specifically, his/her tasks will include but will not be limited to the following:
- General accounting tasks, including reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts and general ledger operations, preparing journal entries, preparing monthly closing and financial reports, preparing account/bank reconciliations;
- Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payments;
- Carry out calculation of the payroll for all project staff;
- Maintain payment records of all invoices received;
- Maintain payee statement records of all suppliers and service providers;
- Carry out payment of all regular area of office expenses such as office utilities, telecommunication bills etc.;
- Check the documents on which payments are based, in line with the project's activities;
- Monitor the execution of the budget of the project, verifying permanently the compliance with the budget lines;
- Provide support and sound technical advice on all aspects of finance, internal control and accountability;
- Supervise all budget preparation and implementation, finance reports and accounts recording required under the project to be carried out in timely manner;
- Draw up the progress, interim and final financial reports;
- Follow-up the progress of reimbursements / payments;
- Assess the continuing adequacy of operating accounting systems and related financial controls within project;
- Review the progress of WINET project implementation including checking that the budgets are adequate, verifying expenditure against budget and identifying any issues of concern;
- Solve unforeseen issues related to financial-accounting management.
In order to properly fulfill his/her tasks and responsibilities, the Accounting Officer should have the following qualification and experience:
- Proven experience in implementation and management of cross-border projects financed by EU;
- Master or Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy with minimum 5 years of relevant experience in financial accounting or internal auditing in a large organization / firm. A combination of audit experience and operating accounting experience would be ideal;
- A good understanding of financial controls;
- Familiarity with government accounting systems;
- Proven ability to resolve issues and problems with the Government and maintain a trusting relationship;
- Good knowledge of the Moldovan national public legal framework related to financial management and accounting;
- Knowledge of the procedures of the Practical Guide to Contract Procedures for EU External Actions (PRAG) would be an asset;
- Financial and economic analysis skills, procurement management (ex. tender documents preparation);
- Fluent written and spoken Romanian and comprehensive working knowledge of English;
- Computer literacy in the use of office applications (e.g. office software packages; MS Word, Excel, Power Point, or equivalent).
- Cover letter in English of not more than two pages, explaining the motivation and suitability of the candidate for the vacant position;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English;
- Proof of education, professional experience (especially in accounting and project financial management) and language skills.
Applications stating the reference number ToR 04_08_2019, including all required documents, must be submitted in English by email no later than on 11 August 2019, 17:00, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any other information, please call 022 27 36 54.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to proceed to the second stage of the selection process.