Moldova Competitiveness Project seeks an Industry Development Manager covering Fashion Manufacturing and Creative Sectors
Moldova Competitiveness Project financed by USAID, Sweden, and UK Aid and implemented by Chemonics International Inc. is a 6-year $28.4 million dynamic Project assisting Moldovan industries with key economic and social significance, namely:
- wine production clustered with tourism,
- light industry (apparel, footwear, and accessories manufacturing),
- information and communications technology (ICT) clustered with creative services sector and precision engineering industry.
MCP seeks a full-time Industry Development Manager covering Fashion Manufacturing and Creative Sectors with proven experience in managing multifaceted activities moving them towards increased competitiveness, strategic positioning, and expanded market linkages. Illustrative activities are listed below. Other relevant activities may be added at the discretion of the Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party as circumstances warrant.
- Develops activities to increase the competitiveness of the fashion and creatives industries.
- Leads the Project’s activities to catalyze the development of these sectors.
- Support the expansion of trade support for domestic and export markets.
- Develops industries strategies and exports tactics along with industry associations and key stakeholders.
- Develops the industries’ key business associations: APIUS Light Industry Association and COR Creative Services Association.
- Continue growing ZIPhouse into a national industry platform for creativity, design, engineering, and technological skills.
- Develops content programs and institutional capacity of ZIPhouse Fashion Excellence Center, Artcor Creative Hub and other industry excellence centers.
- Continue expanding the DININIMA fashion industry brand and associated campaigns.
- Provide key development support for the SMART factory program to advance the productivity and competitiveness of Moldova’s fashion industry.
- Reports to Project Team Leader(s).
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Party or her designee.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Fashion/Design, International Relations/Trade and other related fields;
- Excellent Romanian and English language written and oral skills;
- Proven understanding of: Industry competitiveness strategies, Competitiveness trajectories, Markets and competition, Development of export tactics.
- Proven ability to think strategically;
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to interact with local counterparts including Government, universities, businesses, associations, and other stakeholders;
- Ability to build partnerships between Associations, Governments, foreign companies/partners;
- Project management capabilities – management of grants, subcontracts, budgets of various sizes, timeframes;
- At least three years of experience in project management, international development, and other related fields.
How to apply
Interested candidates must submit their applications by June 3, 2019 via email to email@example.com with the subject line Industry Development Manager, and include the following:
- Cover letter outlining in detail their qualifications, previous experience and availability,
- Copy of the University Diploma.
All submissions must be in English. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.