Moldova Competitiveness Project financed by USAID, Sweden, and UK Aid and implemented by Chemonics International Inc. is a 6-year $28.4 million dynamic Project assisting Moldovan industries with key economic and social significance, namely:
- wine production clustered with tourism,
- light industry (apparel, footwear, and accessories manufacturing),
- information and communications technology (ICT) clustered with creative services sector and precision engineering industry.
The Project’s wide range of visible activities covering all referenced industries requires it to effectively and meaningfully communicate its impact and successes with the donors as well as the greater development community and the public. MCP seeks a full-time Communications Specialist with proven experience in communications to lead the Project’s promotion and visibility, media and social media presence, USAID, Sweden, and UK Aid branding and marking. Illustrative activities are listed below. Other relevant activities may be added at the discretion of the Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party as circumstances warrant.
- Ensure the integration of communications throughout all of the Project’s activities.
- Develop communications mini-strategies around ongoing technical activities of the Project.
- Support the Project’s efforts to increase the quantity and quality of media stories in Project related industries.
- Coordinate the contract with the local PR Company, monitor deliverables and outcomes of the contract.
- Support the Project’s media relations efforts, including media coaching for the Project’s spokesperson/spokespeople.
- Review the Project deliverables and publications for adherence to the USAID, Sweden, and UK Aid Branding Guidelines.
- Develop Project success stories and work on video success stories elaboration.
- Provide guidance and support on USAID, Sweden, and UK Aid branding of Project materials.
- Support in development of online materials
- Develop talking points, speeches and scene setters for events organized by the Project. Ensure key messages.
- Ensure the Project’s compliance with applicable USAID, Sweden, and UK Aid branding and marking requirements.
- Write success stories in USAID format and coordinate production of video success stories.
- Monitor press and save media clippings for the Project’s reporting purposes.
- Develop technical specifications/scope of work/ request for proposals for outsourcing communications activities and coordinate the contracts with local partners.
- Support the formatting, editing and publishing of studies, working papers, planning tools and methodologies or other new activities.
- Support development of Project reports, results reporting and other Project-related products.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Party or her designee.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, Public Relations, International relations/trade and other related fields;
- Excellent Romanian and English language written and oral skills;
- Proven experience developing communication materials for a wide range of audiences; U.S. Government, USAID, or other donors-related communication experience preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to interact with local counterparts including international donors, Government, universities, businesses, associations, and other stakeholders;
- Project management capabilities – various vendors, budgets of various sizes, tight implementation timeframes;
- At least two years of experience in communications, teaching, international development, and other related fields.
How to apply
Interested candidates must submit their applications by June 3, 2019 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Communications Specialist, and include the following:
- Cover letter outlining in detail their qualifications, previous experience and availability,
- Copy of the University Diploma.
All submissions must be in English. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.