ISSUED BY: OSCE Mission to Moldova
VACANCY NUMBER: VNMOLG00216
VACANCY TYPE: Local Contracted
FIELD OF EXPERTISE: Political Affairs
NUMBER OF POSTS: 1
DUTY STATION Chisinau DATE OF ISSUE: 22 March 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 14 April 2019 - 23:59 Central European Time
DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY: 20 May 2019
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent is assigned to the Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR) Programme and works under the direct supervision of the Senior Political Officer and in close cooperation with the Office of Head of Mission, Deputy Head of Mission, the Political Officer and the National Programme Officers.
He/She more specifically will be tasked with:
- Collecting and collating relevant information and analysis with regard to the Transdniestrian settlement process and to internal political developments in Moldova;
- Supporting the Political Officers in developing analysis on various aspects related to the Transdniestrian settlement process and internal political developments in Moldova;
- Acting as interpreter and translator for the Mission leadership, from/into Romanian, Russian and English Languages;
- Translating correspondence, documents, publications, articles, protocols from periodicals and other material from/into Romanian/English languages;
- Assisting in the organization of the events supporting the negotiations (seminars, conferences, working groups, etc.) and other secretarial tasks;
- Assisting the Mission’s leadership and Political Officers in meetings and preparing memos on the results;
- Assisting the Mission’s Press Office and the Mission’s other programmes in case of necessity;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Secondary education supplemented by formal studies in modern languages and political sciences; studies in economy, sociology, law or international relations will be an asset.
- At least 6 years of experience in political analysis in an international organization or embassy. Experience as a translator/interpreter will be an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software packages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Romanian and Russian languages
- Ability to analyze changing and complex political, social and economic issues and situations;
- Gender sensitivity and ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions, languages, and cultural backgrounds;
- Resident of the Republic of Moldova.
Monthly remuneration is EUR 764.50. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Moldova. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
How to Apply:
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. The deadline for submitting the application is 14 April 2019.
Please note that CVs and other applications submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form will not be reviewed.
Applications received after the deadline, submitted without reference to the vacancy number or in other languages than the English language would not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.