Job at British Embassy Chisinau - Good Governance Programme Officer
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: CSSF - Conflict Stability and Security Fund
Job Description: The British Embassy in Chisinau is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to employ a Good Governance Fund Programme Officer to run the Good Governance Fund (GGF) in the Republic of Moldova; to lead on scoping and implementation of project activities; to liaise closely with London to ensure they have necessary information; to provide high quality narrative reporting on the impact of GGF in Moldova; to contribute to excellent team-working and internal and external communications.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- In support of British Embassy objectives, lead the scoping and establishment of projects to be funded via the Good Governance Fund, liaising with potential project implementers, Managed Fund service providers, beneficiaries and key policy officers within the Embassy;
- Advise the Embassy’s Project Board on project selection that best delivers the Embassy’s Country Business Plan. Lead day-to-day project and programme management and monitoring and evaluation of the activities of the Fund;
- Ensure the UK is receiving value for money activity funded by GGF, and that Managed Fund service providers are meeting their service level agreements;
- Liaison with London, project implementers and Managed Fund service providers to ensure that project activity is delivered on time and within budget;
- Providing advice to project implementers on financial requirements and financial reporting. Understand and actively manage risks related to projects and provide timely and concise advice to the Project Board;
- To demonstrate how GGF delivers against Embassy objectives and makes a sustainable impact. Lead the delivery of timely interim and financial narrative and financial reporting which demonstrates impact and value for money.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Fluency in English and Romanian (both oral and written);
- Good level of written and oral communication skills in Russian;
- University Education;
- 2 years project management experience;
- Good knowledge of local governance issues and challenges;
- Excellent team working skills.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Background in economic; private sector development, and/or governance;
- Experience working in international organisations or Moldovan ministries.
Required competencies: Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service
Application deadline: 27 March 2019
Grade: B3 (L)
Type of Position: Full-time, Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Working hours per week: 35 net
Country: Republic of Moldova
Location (City): Chisinau
Number of vacancies: 1
Starting monthly salary (MLD): 25,452.00 gross (not negotiable)
Start Date: 1 May 2019
All applicants should have the right to live and work in the Republic of Moldova.
The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Chisinau are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.