AGRI-FOOD PROJECT MANAGER
UNDER EU Indirect Management
“Development of Rural Areas in Moldova”
(ADA Project No. 6541-00/2017)
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA) has been mandated by the EU to implement a project worth 8.2 Mio Euro regarding the Development of Rural Areas in Moldova. This intervention is part of the EU’s Action Document for the Development of Rural Areas in the Republic of Moldova under the European Neighbourhood Instrument (ENI) and covered under the Financing Agreement between the EU and the Republic of Moldova which was signed in July 2017.
The project consists of the following two parts:
PART 1: increase the competitiveness of the agri-food sector in Moldova through integration to domestic and global value chains, in particular in the soya sector
PART 2: strengthen the water supply and sanitation infrastructure in rural areas
To support the ADA Coordination Office in Chisinau in ensuring a successful implementation of this project, ADA is recruiting an experienced Project Manager for the agri-food component for PART 1 of the project for a maximum of 45 months.
The ADA Coordination Office in Chisinau is responsible for the implementation of ADC’s country programme as well as for the implementation of the project funded by the EU.
The EU funded project will be implemented over a period of 48 months (Nov. 2017 – Nov. 2021).
Further background information and documents regarding ADC’s engagement in Moldova in the agri-food sector are available on our homepage www.entwicklung.at.
Terms of References
The Project Manager for the agri-food component will be based in the Project Office in Chisinau with trips to the different project partners and beneficiaries within Moldova and be responsible for the overall management of PART 1 of the EU funded project, the related policy dialogue, project management and other related tasks.The Project Manager for the agri-food component will specifically support the implementation of PART 1 of the EU funded project.
The Project Manager for the agri-food component will monitor and report on the implementation of the project within the framework of the Delegation Agreement between EU and ADA which also specifies the project specific narrative and financial reporting as well as auditing requirements.
The Project Manager for the agri-food component will provide technical support, liaise with the project partners and relevant stakeholders and support the coordination between ADA, relevant local and regional authorities and other stakeholders of the project.
- Monitor implementation and progress of PART 1 of the EU funded project; project administration as well as documentation of and information on project implementation (e.g. lessons learnt); coordinate project evaluations; this includes ensuring that environmental, social standards and gender safeguards are duly implemented;
- Close supervision and inspection of activities planned under PART 1;
- Ensure timely and comprehensive reporting on PART 1 of the project according to EU requirements as set out in the Delegation Agreement between EU and ADA (incl. review and assessment of data as well as narrative and financial/audit reports from contractors/partners and compile the project specific information accordingly);
- Ensure compliance of the implementation with the Delegation Agreement between EU and ADA and according to ADA’s Project Operational Manual (POM) and work in close collaboration with the Finance & Administration Officer of the project to provide professional expertise and support towards enforcement of financial and administrative controls as set out in the Delegation Agreement;
- Provide monitoring and reporting support to the project partners under PART 1 of the project for result-based monitoring, as required;
- Organize, prepare and participate in Steering Committee meetings and Advisory Board meetings under PART 1 of the project and ensure follow-up;
- Prepare analytical information and communication to be exchanged with partner institutions, donors and the public as well as procurement of (consulting) services;
- Maintain contact with contractors, project partners and beneficiaries;
- Manage and monitor the foreseen communication and visibility activities in liaison with the ADA Coordination Office in Chisinau and the EU Delegation to Moldova and support public relation activities related to the project, as required;
- Respond to special reporting requirements of the EU, ADA headquarters and/or ADA Coordination Office;
- Represent ADA in meetings relevant to the project as necessary.
The assignment shall start in April 2019, till December 2021 and will be for a maximum of 32 months. The assignment will be full-time; flexibility in working hours is required.
Qualification and Experience required
- University degree with a focus on social sciences, economics, business, agriculture or education
- At least 7 years of working experience, a minimum of 5 years thereof in programme and project cycle management
- Experience in management of EU funded projects
- Knowledge and experience in financial project management, monitoring and reporting
- Practical knowledge of technical, economic and financial issues related to agri-food and/or vocational education project implementation
- Working experience in the agri-food sector (e.g. on value chain development) and/or in the vocational education sector, preferably also experience with policy related issues in this regard
- Familiarity with the Moldovan public administration and the Moldovan agriculture and/or education sector
- Knowledge in tendering processes based on EU and Moldovan procurement regulations
- Demonstrated work experience with international institutions and agencies in the education and/or agriculture sector
- Experience in development cooperation and issues related to poverty reduction
- Demonstrated gender, diversity and environmental competence
- Prior working experience in Southeast or Eastern Europe is required and working experience in Moldova is a definitive advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to adjust working hours to actual workload, as required
- Capacity to work under pressure and availability to travel
- Excellent computer skills
- Languages: English (very good to excellent, both oral and written), Romanian and Russian; German would be an asset.
Documents to be presented by the applicant
- Letter of motivation (in English)
- Curriculum vitae (in English) + photo
- Names, contact details and working relationship of three professional references (at least one referee should have been your direct supervisor)
- Copies of academic certificates and testimonials
Deadline of application: 17 March 2019
Interested candidates should submit their application to the Austrian Embassy / Coordination Office for Technical Cooperation: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “AGRI-FOOD PROJECT MANAGER”
Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview.