Administrative and Finance Assistant vacancy - Common Services Account Project - UN House Moldova
The UN House Administrative and Finance Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations Units of UN Agencies to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provides administrative assistance in management of the UN House;
- Ensures proper and timely management of UN Common Services;
- Provision of support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Support to coordination of UN House management:
- Draft annual work-plans and budget estimates for the UN House for review by UN House Management Committee (UNHMC) and approval by Heads of Agencies and the Resident Coordinator;
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day implementation the approved work-plans and ensure conformity to expected results;
- Regular monitoring and reporting to UNHMC on progress; provision of various reports/information to UNHMC on financial/administrative status of the UN House;
- Daily supervision and overall coordination of UN House Common personnel. Performance evaluation for the UN House personnel and coordination of performance appraisal with UNHMC;
- Arranging and participating in the recruitment and training of UN House personnel;
- Coordinate support from all agencies on rotational basis (e.g. drivers’ support, IT support, involvement in procurement processes);
- Act as contact person for any issues related to UN House.
- Daily management of the UN House, including UN House Conference Facilities, to ensure a good and secure working environment for all staff members;
- Maintain records on all UN House administrative personnel/national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, time and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Administration of the UN House related contracts with individuals and companies;
- Preparation and handling the routine correspondence related to the UN House and its budget in accordance with UNDP rules and procedures;
- Make pertinent logistical arrangements for internal activities;
- Assume overall responsibility for administrative matters of a more general nature, such as registry and maintenance of project files and records;
- Arrange external and internal meetings. Draft minutes of the UNHMC meetings and other internal meetings;
- Coordination of renovation/cleaning/painting in common areas in accordance with UNHMC decisions; oversee renovation/cleaning/painting in office spaces in accordance with provisions of MoU on Common Premises;
- Arrange for common equipment maintenance and insurance as required;
- Act as UN House Assets Focal Point by ensuring safekeeping of assets, preparing bi-annual physical inventory reports, including cost analysis and recommendations for replacement/disposal of common equipment and supplies; reconciling physical inventory data with available records to ensure inventory taken is complete, and identifying discrepancies for corrective action.
- Prepare requests for advance of funds and/or direct payments;
- Manage timely payments to service providers to ensure smooth and uninterrupted work of the UN House and maintain necessary budgetary control records;
- Process in ATLAS the transactions in line with the Internal Control Framework (e.g. creation of vendors, requisitions, vouchers);
- Prepare documents for VAT refund;
- Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions;
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation and revisions;
- Prepare and submit expenditure and budget status reports to UNHMC;
- Prepare and submit to UN Agencies quarterly financial expenditure reports;
- Calculate costs for issuance of invoices to UN Agencies and for cost-recovery purposes.
- In accordance with the Work Plan arrange for procurement of equipment, supplies and services following UNDP procedures;
- Prepare and issue contracts;
- Physically clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured.
- Contribution to management of UN Common Services:
- Participate in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices on common service initiatives;
- Contribute to the work of UN Operations Provide timely update and notifications to OMT on status of common premises activities;
- Draft and share lessons learnt on administration of UN common premises and other relevant common services;
- Facilitate the work of different UN Task Forces on common services;
- Provide support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the area of common premises/services.
Results-Based Programme Development and Management: Contributing to results through provision of information
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation;
- Provides background information to identify opportunities for project development.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to promote learning and knowledge sharing.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks (broad range of specialized knowledge related to financial resources management, including formulating budgets, maintaining Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables, reporting);
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
For more information and the application page please visit https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=20662&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2