Council of Europe is looking for a project assistant at its Chisinau office
Vacancy Notice N° o6/2019
Project Assistant (Grade B1/B2)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Chisinau
Closing date: 31 January 2019
Location : Chisinau
Under the authority of the Head of Office, and the supervision of the project management, the incumbent will carry out multiple assignments to assist in the implementation of the Programme ‘Promoting a human rights compliant criminal justice system in the Republic of Moldova’ (Component I), in co-operation with the donors, partners and other stakeholders.
Employment is limited to the duration of the programme which is expected to end on 28 February 2021.
- The incumbent performs the following key duties in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- assists in the day-to-day implementation, preparation, organisation and follow-up of the activities of the programme, completing all necessary arrangements in advance and in a timely manner;
- ensures the administrative assistance and the organisational support for the implementation of the programme;
- carries out the practical and logistical organisation of meetings, official journeys and other events; follows up on all administrative files and financial arrangements related to these events;
- organises travel, visa and accommodation in accordance with the programme needs; deals with the reimbursement of travel and subsistence expenses;
- processes purchase orders for a variety of contractual and administrative arrangements in line with the Council of Europe rules and procedures;
- processes and drafts correspondence, documents, presentations and assists in preparing reports;
- proofreads and corrects linguistic and grammatical errors within texts and documents; translates documents and texts related to programme activities between Romanian and English; checks translations; organises the production, distribution and publication of documents in print version or online;
- receives, reviews and dispatches incoming correspondence, e-mails etc.;
- ensures the circulation of pertinent information and documents within the Office;
- records, maintains and updates a variety of data (files, documents, statistics, data bases, web sites, information and documentation tools etc.);
- works in close contact with other internal and/or external counterparts to ensure the co-ordination of programme activities;
- reports to the supervisor on activities in progress and if and when problems occur;
- contributes to the efficient functioning of the office, in collaboration with colleagues;
- carries out other tasks as may be required connected to the programme implementation;
- promotes Council of Europe values internally and externally.
Please note that you may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
This local recruitment procedure is open to applicants already present in the Republic of Moldova.
Only candidates who we consider best match the eligibility criteria below will be considered for shortlisting.
- Completed full course of general secondary education, followed by a post-secondary qualification corresponding to a minimum of two years’ studies.
- At least two years’ relevant professional experience relating to administrative or project implementation support duties or similar.
- Excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level);
- Very good knowledge of one of the official languages of the Council of Europe (English);
- Knowledge of the other (French) and Russian would be an advantage;
- Nationality of host country or one of the 47 Council of Europe member states.
- Under 65 years of age at the closing date of the vacancy notice.
More details here: https://coe-recruitment.com/JobDetails.aspx?vacancyID=1506&Lang=En