EU-funded Project looking for Senior and Junior Non-Key Experts in Policy Development
Project: EU funded Project Strengthening of the Policy Development Process in the Context of the Implementation of the Association Agreement
Position Title: Senior / Junior National Non-Key Expert
Duty Station: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Reporting to: Team Leader & Key Expert 2
Deadline for submission: January 20, 2019
Application method: Please submit your EuropeAid CV & financial expectation (for a fee-based consultancy contract) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection process: All candidates will be registered in the pool of experts. Separate Terms of Reference for every task specific assignment will be developed. The selection of the experts will merit-based, subject to agreement on financial compensation and subject to approval by the EU Delegation in Moldova. All personal information will be kept confidentially.
The EU funded project is part of the wider Public Administration Reform process. The overall objective of the project is to enhance the institutional and human resource capacity of the central and local public administrations to elaborate and implement evidence-based policy and to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of high-quality administrative services in line with the European Principles of Public Administration.
The project will directly support three main institutions (MFAEI, State Chancellery and Ministry of Finance) to perform the tasks related to policy development, which entails all stages of policy-making process, starting by the identification of needs, the policy drafting, costing, draft budgeting, and the endorsement of legal acts necessary for its effective implementation. Thus, the overall scope of the project is targeting the Policy Cycle, specifically
- Legal framework
The project is seeking to create a pool of national senior and junior non-key experts for their subsequent short-term assignments during the coming 20 months to work with the project team as well as with international experts, colleagues from the State Chancellery and line ministries on various activities.
The main areas of future activities are related to:
- Gap assessment of the existing policy-making and strategic planning processes and practices for developing recommendations;
- Assessment of the coordination mechanisms of policy-making in relation to the implementation of the Moldova-EU Association Agreement;
- Assessment of the IT systems that are supporting the policy-making and strategic planning processes;
- Review of the currently existing policy documents and developing recommendations for their streamlining, consolidation;
- Development methodologies, manuals on policy-making and ex-ante impact assessment;
- Creating proper links between policy-planning and fiscal planning;
- Planning and delivering training on policy-making and ex-ante impact assessment
- Improving the public consultation of draft policies.
- University degree
- Good command of English
- Computer literacy
- Proven professional experience in one or more areas mentioned above
- At least three years of experience (related to above-mentioned areas of activities), gained in public administration, civil society, or donor-funded projects (for junior experts)
- At least eight years of experience (related to above-mentioned areas of activities), gained in public administration, civil society, or donor-funded projects (for senior experts).