Chemonics International seeks candidates for the Precision Engineering and Creative Industry Development Specialist position within the Moldova Competitiveness Project funded by USAID and Sweden. The Specialist will be responsible for Project activities raising industry competitiveness, increasing productivity and quality, through better workforce and adopted innovation, expanding local and international market linkages and improving the sector-enabling environment.
The Project is seeking a versatile specialist with experience in management of collaborative spaces, excellence centers, and infrastructure projects, who is innovative, resourceful, flexible and self-directed. The specialist will design, plan, and manage technical activities in the Precision Engineering and Creative Industry and will have proven experience in project management, overseeing timely implementation of technical activities such as subcontracts and grants, ability to develop and read technical specifications for equipment/tools/machines and software, understand procurement processes and donor-funded implementation. The Specialist will interact will all industry players, i.e. business associations, firms, educational institutions, excellence centers, and Government counterparts. Technical assistance will include hands-on consulting, training, direct support, grants or a combination thereof to Project beneficiaries from the abovementioned industries.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the subject area or another relevant field;
- At least 3 years of experience in international development, business development, consulting, or working in one or more Precision Engineering and Creative Industry areas;
- Strategic thinking, analytical capacity and ability to drive change;
- Knowledge of international best practices in developing the Precision Engineering and Creative Industry is a distinct advantage;
- Prior experience working with donor programs is an advantage;
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Fluency in Romanian and English, good knowledge of Russian – written and spoken.
This is a call for CVs and expressions of interest from qualified candidates.
Interested candidates must submit a CV, a cover letter outlining in detail their qualifications, previous experience and their availability no later than January 18, 2019, via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line Precision Engineering and Creative Industry Development Specialist. All submissions must be in English. Positions are open to Moldovan citizens only. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.