OSCE missions and field activities are the front line of OSCE work in countries that require assistance and are the agent through which political decisions are translated into action. Each mission has a different mandate but generally work addresses early warning, preventive diplomacy, conflict management and post-conflict rehabilitation.
This is a temporary position for maternity leave replacement from 28 January to 5 August 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent works in the Programme of the Office of Head of Mission under the direct supervision of the Mission Spokesperson and closely cooperates with the Head of Mission, Deputy Head of Mission and the Political Officers, as well as with the other international and national Mission Members.
Specifically the incumbent will be tasked with:
- Assisting in compiling and distributing news items and news digests containing edited news from news agencies and newspapers from Moldova (including Transdniestria) on events relevant to the activity of the Mission;
- Translating from English into Romanian or Russian and vice versa: press conferences; oral and written interviews of the HOM, DHOM or the Spokesperson; press releases; public information material; other material on request of the HOM, DHOM or the Spokesperson;
- Attending press conferences, sessions of Parliament, the Audiovisual Co-ordination Council and the TRM-Supervisory Board as well as other relevant media events and reporting on them in writing to the Spokesperson;
- Receiving newspapers, news from news agencies and from Moldova (including Transdniestria), Romania, Russia and Ukraine and other OSCE participating states and drawing the attention of the supervisor and relevant local and international staff to news relevant for the activity of the Mission;
- Recording TV news and analytical programs as well as talk shows relevant for the activity of the Mission;
- Arranging for meeting rooms, sending agenda and background materials, notifying participants of time, dates and preparing draft minutes of those meetings for the supervisor’s consideration, and distributing the final reports;
- Administrating the public information material of the Mission and ensuring its availability and proper distribution;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Secondary education supplemented by training in public information or languages
- Experience in public information or as translator/interpreter with an international organization or in a media related field
- Computer literate with practical knowledge of Microsoft packages, editing programmes and social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Romanian and Russian languages
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds
- Resident of the Republic of Moldova.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deduction is EUR 642.50. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Moldova. Social benefits include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
How to Apply:
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. The deadline for submitting the application is 26 December 2018.
Please note that CVs and other applications submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form will not be reviewed.
Applications received after the deadline, submitted without reference to the vacancy number or in other languages than the English language would not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and informed of the results of the recruitment for this post.