Incumbent is the General Services Office (GSO) Contracting and Procurement Supervisor and leads a team of three Procurement Agents. In coordination with the Contracting Officer, implements and oversees procurement best practices to lead the GSO procurement operation according to ICASS standards. As Procurement Supervisor provides supervision, guidance, and training to the Procurement Staff, ensuring that contracts and procurements comply with USG regulations, ethics, and best business practices. Distributes and balances the workload and tasks among three Procurement Agents. Follows-up on their productivity, ensuring timely accomplishment of tasks. Serves as Post's main point of contact (POC) for Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS) Ariba and Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS-NG) issues and trains Post Procurement Agents and new Requestors on those systems. Handles complex procurement issues, including solicitations for bids, analyses of bids and price quotations, contract proposals, suppliers’ invoices and other procurement documents
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years of experience in procurement field, and minimum one year of supervisory experience are required.
- At least two years of full-time post-secondary study at college or university are required.
- LANGUAGE: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (fluency) speaking/reading/writing Romanian is required. Level IV (fluency) speaking/reading/writing Russian is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good negotiating skills with ability to assess price reasonability and quality.
- Good customer service skills and ability to deal with vendors both in person and remotely (by phone, fax or email.)
- Valid type B driver's license.(Driving skills may be tested.)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.