Council of Europe Office in Moldova hires Project Linguistic Assistant
Vacancy Notice N° o33/2018
Project Linguistic Assistant (Grade B3)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Chisinau
Closing date: 26 November 2018
Location : Chisinau
Under the authority of the Head of Office, and the supervision of the Head of the Economic Crime and Cooperation Division, Action against Crime Department, Directorate General Human Rights and Rule of Law (DGI) of the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, the incumbent will assist with the implementation of the European Union and Council of Europe Joint Programme “Controlling Corruption through Law Enforcement and Prevention” (CLEP).
The incumbent performs the following key duties in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- provides logistical and administrative assistance to the project team in the planning, organisation and follow-up of the project activities, in accordance with the Project workplan and calendar of activities and in co-operation with local and international partners and stakeholders;
- makes practical arrangements connected to project activities (travel, visa requests, accommodation and meeting venue bookings, local transport arrangements, interpretation, etc.);
- prepares the submission of financial support documents for final payment and reimbursement of experts; provides and verifies any other financial information and documentation (including activity synopsis) as regards the activities implemented;
- follows up work or activities in progress and reports to the supervisor, especially if and when problems occur;
- drafts and formats correspondence, memos, relevant project documents, contract letters and financial arrangements in line with instructions and relevant procedures;
- provides administrative and linguistic assistance to visitors and experts; interprets consecutively during meetings between consultants and representatives of beneficiary or partner institutions in the Republic of Moldova;
- provides translations, spelling and grammar checking, and editing of the relevant project documents;
- organises and keeps project documents and files up to date (activity planning, official reports, expertise and other documents, outgoing and incoming correspondence, contact lists);
- ensures the circulation of pertinent information and documents among the project team and the Office;
- contributes to the efficient functioning of the office, in collaboration with colleagues and the direct project management.
This local recruitment procedure is open to applicants already present in the Republic of Moldova.
Only applicants who best meet the following criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
Completed secondary education followed by a professional qualification in secretarial/administrative studies or similar. A post-secondary qualification corresponding to a minimum of two years studies in translation, linguistics or other relevant field would be an advantage.
At least two years of relevant professional experience in carrying out administrative duties in the field of international or European co-operation projects.
- Excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level);
- Very good knowledge of English;
- Knowledge of French and/or Russian would be an advantage.
Nationality of host country or one of the 47 Council of Europe member states.
Under 65 years of age at the closing date of the vacancy notice.
- Professional and technical expertise: general understanding of project management procedures
- ICT skills: sound computer skills and experience using standard tools in office applications (word processing, presentations, outlook, spreadsheet, databases, internet publications).
- Planning and work organisation
- Teamwork and co-operation
- Concern for quality
- Results orientation
- Service orientation
- Professional and technical expertise
- knowledge in the field of combating economic crime
- broad knowledge of the standards and activities of the Council of Europe
- Learning and development
Applications must be made in English or French using the Council of Europe on-line application system. By connecting to our website www.coe.int/jobs you can create and submit your on-line application. Applications must be submitted at the latest 26 November 2018 (midnight Paris Time).
Any false statements knowingly made by applicants in their application for employment or at the time of their engagement will result in the termination of their employment by the Council of Europe.
Applications will be examined with regard to the requirements of this vacancy and applicants will be informed in due course of the outcome of your application. This may take some time after the closing date. Preselected candidates may be invited to take written tests before an interview. Written tests may be eliminatory.
In accordance with the Staff Regulations of the Council of Europe, the compulsory retirement age is 65. We cannot therefore accept applications from persons over this age.
More information at https://coe-recruitment.com/JobDetails.aspx?vacancyID=1489&Lang=En