Our Fellowship Programmes give the next generation of leaders the chance to explore issues of good governance, the rule of law and social justice in the UK through an intensive four-week series of workshops, debates, visits and meetings. On return home, Fellows are able to use the contacts made and relationships established during the UK Programme as follow-up support.
Our Programmes connect a growing network of over 500 Fellows across the region who continue to exchange ideas and collaborate with each other. The JST Fellowship is for life.
Applications for our Wider Europe Programme 2019 are now open. To apply you must be a citizen of one of the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine.
To apply you must:
- Speak and write fluent English (preferably having already studied or worked in English).
- Demonstrate your potential as a leader in your chosen professional field, committed to the positive future development of your country.
- Demonstrate a clear professional interest in the areas of good governance, the rule of law and/or social justice and a general interest in all three.
- Propose an Action Plan addressing a policy or organisational issue of importance in your field of work which you intend to implement on return to your home country, and which will be informed by your experience in the UK.
- Be prepared to make a substantial commitment if selected as a Fellow: to be available for a four-week full time residential programme in the UK and to participate actively in the JST Alumni Network in the long-term.
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia or Ukraine.
- Be aged 25-35.
Application form: http://www.johnsmithmemorialtrust.org/apply/application-form.aspx