Council of Europe is seeking Project Manager for its Sarajevo Office
Vacancy Notice N° o24/2018
Project Manager (Grade A1/A2)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Sarajevo
Closing date: 03 September 2018
Under the authority of the Head of Office and the supervision of the Head of the Criminal Law Co-operation Unit within the Action against Crime Department, the incumbent co-ordinates the implemention of the Project ‘Structured sentence management for violent and extremist prisoners in Bosnia and Herzegovina’, with the aim of meeting its overall and specific objectives, in co-operation with the donors, partners and other stakeholders, and in compliance with the organisation’s regulations and/or donor requirements.
Employment is foreseen for a duration of 12 months with the possibility of renewal.
The incumbent shall perform the following tasks in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- ensures the overall management and implementation of the Project, in full co-operation with the Project Manager in headquarters;
- organises and manages the work of the Project team; ensures cohesion; allocates responsibilities and distributes tasks; motivates and evaluates the performance; provides advice and supervision to the team members on the accomplishment of their tasks;
- plans and manages financial resources allocated to activities of the Project;
- assists the beneficiaries for the overall programming, co-ordination and implementation of activities;
- mobilises and manages the international and local teams of consultants, delivering of all the Project’s inputs in a timely and effective manner in line with the CoE rules and procedures;
- liaises with partners, donors and national stakeholders;
- ensures the preparation of necessary documents and agendas for meetings and working groups, as well as chairing and facilitating them;
- takes the lead in implementing single activities and co-ordinating the input from consultants;
- plans, ensure implementation and evaluates the activities scheduled in the work plan and gives advice about them as requested;
- suggests any adjustments to the content and methodology of the work plan;
- designs documents/ materials and meeting programmes for the Beneficiaries;
- provides written contributions on criminal justice, penitentiary and law enforcement issues in the country, in the context of the Project implementation, including briefings, thematic notes etc.;
- advises the partners/Beneficiaries on any issue likely to affect negatively the financial resources or the scope of the activities foreseen;
- prepares the Steering Committee meetings and periodical management meetings with partners;
- implements all the aspects related to the Project’s publicity and visibility;
- assists the Project Manager in headquarters in the preparation of monitoring and evaluation of the results and impact;
- contributes to the efficient functioning of the office in collaboration with the Head of Office and the direct Project management in headquarters;
- undertakes official journeys in connection with activities described above.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Get more information and visit the application page at https://coe-recruitment.com/JobDetails.aspx?vacancyID=1469&Lang=En