One-day course: A course for freelancers interested in commercial copywriting
Tutor(s): Jackie Barrie
Starts: 10:00 18 July 2018
Finishes: 17:00 18 July 2018
Location: The Bridge, 81 Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 0NQ
Price: £275 (inc. VAT)
This course will highlight the key differences between writing journalistic copy and writing commercial copy.
Led by Jackie Barrie, who originally trained as a journalist but has worked for over 30 years as a copywriter, the course is highly interactive, with hands-on practice and feedback.
Delegates will gain a thorough understanding of copywriting for different formats, as well as how to find copywriting clients – and get paid.
One delegate said: "This course should be called 'Find out how to get paid lots of money and not get treated like sh*t.’"
What you’ll learn:
- Traditional marketing theory and useful marketing acronyms to help sell your service and your clients' services
- 12 point checklist for marketing communications – you’ll never look at an ad the same way again
- 10 tests for effective copywriting, 28 'power' words for headlines, and 25 copywriting tips, tricks and techniques you can turn to for future inspiration
- The difference between writing for screen and writing for print, plus everything web copywriters need to know about search engine optimisation (SEO)
- The business of copywriting, including how to find clients – and get paid
- The unbelievable benefit that copywriters enjoy and journalists LOVE! (Clue: It’s to do with payment)
- Links to further resources where you can join other copywriters for mutual support.
- Come and learn how to transfer your skills to the ‘dark side’! It may be brighter than you think.
Open to all abilities.