Let Us Hear Your Stories! Call for Expression of Interest for Production Support for Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine
The OPEN Media Hub is launching a Call for Expression of Interest for Production Support, a scheme to enable TV and online video journalists in the European Neighbourhood to create contents (audio-visual stories, news, features, online portfolio…) related to the European Union and their respective countries’ relations with the European Union.
Besides financial support, media professionals will benefit from practical guidance to produce audio-visual stories, video news and features, online portfolio, as well as to disseminate contents at an appropriate quality level. This entire action aims at delivering greater public awareness of the actions and impact of the European Neighbourhood Policy and strengthening domestic and local audience interest in EU issues; it also seeks to increase the amount of analytic, in-depth quality programming.
Topic of the Call: Corruption
At the recent Eastern Partnership summit in Brussels on the 24th of November 2017, the EU has reaffirmed good governance and the fight against corruption as a priority in its relation with its neighbouring countries:
The Summit participants stress that good governance at all levels is key to people’s confidence in their governments. Implementation of reforms in public administration and the judiciary, as well as the fight against corruption are at the basis of all other policies in this regard and essential for strengthening resilience.
The OPEN Media Hub will support with guidance and funding content addressing this theme and enabling broadcasters and publishers to illustrate, compare and contrast policies, actions and examples of corruption, regionally.
Proposals could reply to any of the following questions:
- What are the realities of the fight against corruption in your country?
- What is being done to fight money laundering?
- What Issues exist with conflict of interest and transparency?
- What are the issues related to public tenders, political party funding, and the reform of the legal framework?
- What are the meaningful impacts of corruption and reforms against it on your society?
- How does this change your daily life?
- Collect testimony of the impact or change beneficial or negative – show us in action what impact you have witnessed? What story can you tell about this effort?
Eligibility and Application
All applicants must demonstrate that they are duly authorised by the legal entity backing them by producing a letter of intent from an authorised representative. This letter must state an eligible media outlet’s intention to broadcast or publish the eventual production, including an indication of the date(s) and context(s) of the planned broadcast or publication. Applicants are required to submit this document together with their application using the OPEN Media Hub template for the letter of intent.
Eligible applicants are:
- News organisations (e.g., TV stations, online news companies);
- Journalistic organisations (e.g., associations, foundations) if they can demonstrate a publication commitment from a media outlet;
- Audio-visual production companies;
- Journalists acting on behalf of any of the above.
Exception: the OPEN Media Hub may decide, on a case by case basis, that individual journalists or television producers are eligible without legal entity backing or endorsement. Similarly, will relevant applications from bloggers, vloggers and citizen-journalists be considered if they can demonstrate a track record of significant audience reach on their platforms.
The amount of support will always take the topic, media outlet, and country into account and be proportionate to the typical prices and rates in your country.
The average disbursement:
- For a news piece, up to 3 minutes: €250-€500;
- Story up to 8 minutes: €500-€1,500;
- Story up to 15 minutes: €1,000 – €3,000;
- Story up to 30 minutes/ or more: €2,500 – €8,000
- For productions intended for online media: €250-€1,500
All the required documents, including letter of intent, intended budget, waivers and risk assessments must be submitted together with the filled in online application form in the language of their choice: English, Armenian, Georgian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Russian, Azerbaijani, Belarusian.
Deadline for submission:
31 January 2018, 21:00 CET
The award decisions shall be made as soon as possible, but no later than 23 February, 2018. Production Support Agreements shall be issued and signed by 16 March 2018.
SOURCE and application page: https://openmediahub.com/2017/12/12/let-us-hear-stories-call-expression-interest-production-support-armenia-azerbaijan-belarus-georgia-moldova-ukraine/