UNDP Moldova has the following vacancy:
Project Officer/ Local Capacity and Services Development
Summary of key functions:
The Project Officer/Agriculture and Rural Development will work under the guidance and direct supervision of the Programme Manager, as well as in close coordination with the Programme Team, to contribute to an effective and efficient implementation of the Programme. More specifically:
- Ensure practical coordination of assigned areas of project activities in order to meet expected results. Contribute to the annual activity and procurement work plans as well as budgets based on expected year end outputs. Ensure close monitoring of activities and disbursements;
- Ensure the implementation of the of the local capacity and services development sub-projects, and provide necessary support to implementing partners;
- Support sub-project development and formulation. Design, plan and monitor sub-projects. Ensure the high quality of the concept papers, terms of references, proposal outlines and agreements in close cooperation with service providers and/or grant recipients;
- Establish monitoring and evaluation systems. Establish a system of progress review with each of the implementing partners;
- Ensure timely submission of financial and activity reports by implementing partners, and ensure harmonized reporting by recipients on key performance indicators;
- Advise service providers and/or grant recipients on strategies to facilitate results-based implementation of sub-project activities, and ensure constant feedback on quality of their implementation, suggesting corrective measures as necessary;
- Support the selection, capacity assessment, contracting, monitoring, evaluation and audit of recipients, ensuring compliance with UNDP regulations;
- Contribute to the preparation of qualitative work plans and financial progress reports as may be required by the Programme Manager. Provide close support for the preparation of procurement/contracting and financial delivery reports for UNDP management. Timely submit the above mentioned deliverables;
- Contribute to the wide dissemination and visibility of project achievements. Support mechanisms for exchange of information, experience and lessons learned at the local and national levels;
- Maintain close coordination with assigned project partners, helping at ensuring synergies and avoiding overlaps in project implementation.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Advanced University/ Master’s Degree in agriculture, rural development, economics, public administration, law, or related areas. Additional training and certification in project management would be an advantage.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience is required at the national or international level in the areas of local community development (Experience of work in Gagauzia/Taraclia and/or in programmes financed by European Commission, and/or in projects involving the LEADER approach is a very strong advantage).
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work (local community development) for a development organization, governmental institution, NGO or private sector) is a strong advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian.
Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
To learn more and apply for this and other positions please visit our site at: http://www.md.undp.org/content/moldova/en/home/jobs.html by 15 January 2018.