The Bucharest Office of the German Marshall Fund of the United States is looking for a full time Program Assistant.
The broad goals of the Black Sea Trust include building trust among citizens in their public institutions and to strengthen this critical set of institutions; affirming the value of citizen participation in the democratic process; promoting involvement of civil society in conflict resolution and fostering regional, cross-border ties in the public, private, and non-profit sectors.
About the position:
The program assistant will report to the Director and will interact with members of BST staff and members of other GMF offices/programs, and Fellows. The program assistant will support the staff with the BST grantmaking program by performing the following duties:
- Answers general inquiries about funding opportunities;
- Reviews applications for basic compliance, follows up to obtain accurate information, and records information in database;
- Makes contractual and payment arrangements;
- Ensures careful record keeping through maintenance of database and files;
- Assists with the preparation of communication materials and periodical reports;
- Actively liaises with the Finance team on grantmaking related issues;
- Performs other tasks relevant to the position.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Academic background in political science (international affairs, European studies, security studies, etc.) or international economic relations;
- Knowledge and interest in political and civil society developments in the Black Sea region, in transatlantic relations and European affairs a plus;
- Fluency in English is mandatory, knowledge of Russian is an advantage;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially with Word and Excel;
- Ability to effectively communicate within and outside the organization;
- Strong attention for details;
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and respect deadlines;
- Aptitude to work independently and as part of a team in a multicultural environment.
How to apply: Please submit your CV and cover letter by January 14, 2018 by pressing the "Start your application" button.
Non-Romanian residents, please be advised that no relocation package is offered.
Please no phone calls/emails/letters. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.