FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360’s Moldova Partnerships for Sustainable Civil Society (MPSCS) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The purpose of the project is to improve the capacity of Moldovan civil society to represent citizen’s interests, influence policymaking, and sustain the sector’s democratic role for the future. For more information on MPSCS please visit: www.fhi360.md.
MPSCS project seeks qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) in Chişinău. The position shall report to the Chief of Party (COP) and coordinate all activities with her/him. DCOP will work with other project staff on the development of the vision, strategy and technical direction for the project and will take the lead in monitoring and evaluation of all project activities. DCOP will directly provide support to the COP in drafting and submitting all deliverables required by the cooperative agreement and provide management oversight of local staff.
This position is to replace a MPSCS employee who is on authorized maternity leave and is contingent donor approval. It is estimated to be a full-time position through October 12, 2018.
The Deputy Chief of Party will:
- Work closely with the COP, Senior Grants/Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, and the project team to ensure the consistency of the project with the approved Implementation Plan and Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan;
- Maintain the internal information and communications systems necessary to obtain and coordinate all inputs into the regular project reporting;
- Develop and maintain up to date a monthly and quarterly schedule of activities;
- Prepare first drafts of all deliverables (Monthly Activity Schedules, Quarterly reports, and Final report) to share with COP and the project team. Incorporate comments, prepare final versions and assist in submission to FHI 360 DC, USAID and others, as appropriate;
- Create and maintain, in coordination with the COP, good working relationships with USAID, other donors, CSOs, other projects, and leaders in different sectors, especially the media;
- Initiate activities for the promotion of the project and its public relations, including the drafting of press releases, success stories, infographics, etc.;
- Work with the Grant Managers and project grantees to increase visibility of the civil society sector;
- Supervise the design, implementation, and monitor relevant informational campaigns implemented by the project;
- Supervise technical staff (Senior Grants/Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and Procurement and Operations Manager);
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent international development, public administration, law, political science, and/or another relevant field. Master’s degree or its international equivalent preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in promotion of democracy, civil society sector development, political participation and/or related fields;
- Experience in Moldova is required; international experience is highly desired;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing and leading a professional and administrative staff;
- Familiarity with USAID programming, rules and regulations highly desired;
- Prior experience in coordinating with partner and donor organizations is highly desired;
- Technical expertise and experience in designing and managing development projects;
- Proven ability to facilitate dialogue and work constructively with a diverse range of actors;
- Proven ability to communicate skills and experience to others effectively as a trainer or advisor;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with political party leaders, civil society groups, opinion leaders, the media, government officials and representatives of the international community at the national and local level;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Native proficiency in Romanian required, and professional Russian proficiency preferred.
Interested candidates must submit their CV and cover letter electronically to email@example.com and indicate in the subject the position you apply for. Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements by December 5, 2017.