VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 17-021
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates/All Sources
POSITION: Custodian, FSN-1; FP-DD*
OPENING DATE: September 19, 2017
CLOSING DATE: October 3, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-1
Not-Ordinarily-Resident (NOR): FP-DD*
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission in Chisinau, Moldova is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Custodian in the General Services Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Performs custodial work on Embassy Compound and associated agency buildings.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: Primary schooling is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: At least six months of custodial work experience is required.
3. LANGUAGE: Level I (Rudimentary) speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level II (Limited Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing Romanian and Russian is required. This will be tested.
4. Must know how to clean and take care of routine objects located indoors using needed chemicals and cleaning solutions; general safety guides for use and care of cleaning equipment used in indoor custodial work.
5. Must be able to work unsupervised and according to cleaning schedule, spot dirty areas and clean them without being told by a supervisor.
6. Must be able to use hand tools and cleaning equipment for indoor custodial work.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at https://md.usembassy.gov/embassy/chisinau/jobs/ and/or by contacting the Human Resources Office at ChisinauHR@state.gov or tel. 022-40-8300.