Position Title: Intern (Operations Unit)
Project Name: Novateca Program
Company: IREX Moldova
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of hiring: October – December 2017
IREX is an independent, international, nonprofit organization that works with local partners to solve development challenges and create positive lasting change around the world. To build a more just, prosperous and inclusive world, IREX and its partners empower youth, cultivate leaders, strengthen institutions, and extend access to quality education and information.
Summary of the project:
Novateca is a five-year national program designed to facilitate the transformation of Moldovan libraries into vibrant community institutions where citizens can enjoy free access to technology and services addressing local needs under the guidance of trained librarians and other community partners. Through the support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, in cooperation with USAID and IREX, libraries in Moldova will have the power to connect, educate, support and engage citizens through a culture of cooperation and innovation.
To date, Novateca has equipped 1,041 libraries in all regions of Moldova with modern technology, including 38 national and regional training centers.
Summary of Position:
Under the guidance of the Executive Director and Grants and Agreements Officer, the Intern will support program activities by completing various administration and organizational tasks. The ideal candidate is an energetic student with interest in learning more about innovative services related to the use of technology in Moldovan libraries, the Novateca program and its objectives.
Description of responsibilities:
- Provide support to Novateca’s program activities, such as working with data base of libraries and LPA, drafting Contracts and preparing all necessary documents for donations.
- Support general administration tasks (printing documents, preparing sets of materials, work with local vendors, responding to inquiries, answering letters).
- Attend Novateca events, as assigned, to support program staff and carry out administrative tasks.
- Support other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Student in one of the relevant discipline (Economics, Foreign Languages, etc.);
- Proactive problem solving skills and ability to quickly master new rules and procedures;
- Experience working as a member of a team;
- Advanced knowledge of relevant computer applications, including MS Office, Excel;
- Fluency and comfort (both oral and written) in English, Romanian and/or Russian languages;
- Working in an international environment;
- Involvement in the operational activity;
- Get a Recommendation Letter;
Schedule: flexible, up to 20 hours per week
Submit a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please include “Intern (Operations Unit)” in the subject line).
Deadline: October 16, 2017 at 10:00 am.
Applicants will be selected for an interview on a rolling basis.
*IREX will only respond to those applicants selected for an interview.