Vacancy announcement: Project Assistant for the World Bank-funded projects
Consulting Services – Individual Consultant’s Selection
Republic of Moldova
Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection
Moldova Skills Data Capacity Building Project
Strengthening the Effectiveness of the Social Safety Net Project
Credit No. 5001-MD
TF Grant No TF056802
Reference No. CS-SDCB/06/IDA
Assignment Title: Project Assistant
Period of assignment/services: September 2017-June 2018 (September – December 2017 full time, January-June 2018 part-time).
The Government of Moldova, represented by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection (MHLSP), is implementing two World Bank financed projects: 1) Strengthening the Effectiveness of the Social Safety Net Project (SESSN), and 2) Moldova Skills Data Capacity Building Project (MSDCB).
SESSN project supports the implementation of the Government’s reform of social assistance and the third pillar of the new Government’s stabilization and economic recovery plan for 2010–11 by securing efficient and equitable social protection. Also, the project fits with the World Bank’s Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) with Moldova, which is aimed at minimizing social and environmental risks, building human capital, and promoting social inclusion. The development objective of the project is to improve the efficiency and equity of Moldova's social safety net through a fiscally sustainable expansion and strengthening of the Ajutor Social Program. The project is being implemented since 2011 and will be completed by December 31, 2017.
MSDCB project is directly involved in reform agenda by supporting the collection and analysis of labor market data, the absence of which is currently hampering the reform efforts of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Projection (MHLSP), NEA, and Ministry of Education, Culture and Research (MECR). The development objective of the Moldova Skills Data Capacity Building Project is to strengthen the Government of Moldova’s capacity for evidence-based policymaking in the area of skills and employment through supporting enhanced collection and analysis of data on workforce skills and labor market needs. The output will support the Government’s efforts to align the education system to labor market needs, thus promoting job creation. The project is being implemented since October 2016 and will be completed by June 30, 2018.
The objective of the assignment is to provide assistance to the MHLSP in day-to-day project implementation, for SESSN and MSDCB projects.
The Assistant will fulfill the following tasks:
- participate at the implementation of the Projects’ activities;
- collaborate directly during Project implementation with MHLSP and National Employment Agency;
- fulfil the coordination, in case it is necessary, of the project activity with the activities carried out within other related projects;
- office management and accomplishment of other related tasks as required and agreed upon for the projects implementation;
- participation in procurement related activities within the projects, drafting minutes;
- coordination of the arrangements related to the meetings preparation and development of the respective minutes;
- support in organization of training events and study visits;
- filing and maintaining project documentation;
- translation of documents and correspondence from English into Romanian and vice versa;
- provide the interpretation (from Romanian into English and vice versa) within the working meetings organized under the project, including the meetings held between the Ministry officials and international experts within the projects’ implementation;
- participation in development of reports on the projects’ implementation;
- support in publication of relevant information related to the project’s implementation on the MHLSP web page;
- communication with stakeholders of the projects;
- office supplementation.
During the implementation of the assignment the consultant will be suported by the MHLSP.
The assignment is expected to commence in September 2017.
Requirements for experience and qualifications:
- At least university degree in management, HR, economics or other relevant fields;
- Experience in drafting minutes and reports in Romanian and English;
- Working experience as a project assistant or consultant in international donor-funded projects, embassy or international organization will be a strong advantage;
- Working with public institutions will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of procurement and financial management rules within World Bank projects, experience in project management, procurement and financial management with WB projects will be a strong asset;
- Experience in interpretation/written translation (English-Romanian and vice versa);
- Experience in organization of study visits, meetings and training activities;
- Knowledge of social assistance sector and labor market of Moldova will be an advantage;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, computer literacy (MS Office, Internet);
- Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian.
Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers edition January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Of Individual Consultants method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Requests for clarifications must be sent to the following email: email@example.com
Applications (in Romanian and English) including professional CV and cover letter shall be submitted (on paper or electronically by e-mail) to the address below.
Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection, 1st floor, Project Team office
Attn: Serghei Merjan, Procurement Consultant
Vasile Alecsandri Street, #1, MD-2009, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Web site: www.msmps.gov.md
Deadline for applications is September 18, 2017, 9:00 A.M. (Chisinau time)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.