Millennium DPI Partners, LLC is an international development firm based in the United States of America, which is implementing the USAID-funded Open Justice Project in Moldova. Open Justice will assist the Government of Moldova to improve the efficiency and transparency of the Moldovan judicial system and improve access to justice for citizens of Moldova.
Millennium DPI Partners, LLC, through the Open Justice Project, will develop a new Integrated Case Management System (ICMS). The ICMS is an electronic tool for the Moldovan courts of law to reduce corruption and promote transparency in the justice system. The proper use of the ICMS will strengthen court administration processes in areas such as case flow management, court performance data, budget planning and human resources. ICMS will also offer citizens easy access to various court e-services and information about court and judicial performance. ICMS will be inter-connected with all relevant governmental data software and will facilitate data exchange between such software.
Millennium DPI Partners, LLC is seeking qualified Moldovan citizens for the position of Legal Adviser to serve on the Open Justice Project, on a part-time basis, until May 2019.
The tasks, responsibilities and qualifications of the Legal Adviser are listed below.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Project staff in working with SCM, courts and other project beneficiaries;
- Conduct substantive legal research and analysis of draft legislation for the Project needs and maintain a repository of research products;
- Develop studies on implemented and proposed justice sector reforms relevant to the Project;
- Help recruit consultants and legal entities, if necessary to implement the Project activities;
- Assist with developing manuals, guides and other materials related to Project objectives;
- Help with organizing and conducting high quality workshops, trainings, seminars and other public events with participation of court representatives;
- Carry out other duties, assigned by the Project leadership, and that are consistent with the Project activities.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Skills:
- University Diploma in Law. Master Diploma in Law will be an asset;
- Proven minimum 3 (three) years of legal experience in international organizations, NGOs or state bodies;
- Good knowledge of law, legal procedures, relevant international standards and Moldovan court system;
- Experience in drafting regulations that refer to the use of information systems in the justice sector would be an advantage;
- Good knowledge of the current Case Management System (CMS) used by the Moldovan courts of law, its functionalities and relevant legal provisions will be an asset;
- Ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail and synthesize large amounts of information;
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude, as a part of the Project team;
- Advanced competency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Strong analytical, research and writing skills;
- Fluency in Romanian, very good knowledge of English; knowledge of Russian is desirable;
- USAID experience would be an advantage.
By September 10, 2017, 18:00 p.m., Chisinau time, interested candidates should send in English a short cover letter, CV and contact details of 3 reference persons to email@example.com, noting “Legal Adviser (part-time)” in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.