The U.S. Mission in Chisinau, Moldova is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Economic Assistant in the Political and Economic Section.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Serves as Economic Assistant, obtaining, compiling and analyzing economic information from published and unpublished sources. Prepares reports and cables on whole spectrum of Moldovan economic developments. Develops and maintains extensive and diverse contacts at a relatively high level in the Moldovan Government and private sector. Serves as post's principle point-of-contact with the Department of Agriculture, including administration of the Cochran Program. Also serves as a Romanian and Russian-language translator/interpreter for the Front Office and Political and Economic Section.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: University degree in economics, business, finance, public administration or international relations is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: At least three years of experience in economic research and analysis, reporting on economic matters, university teaching or similar work for a business, government, non-governmental, or international organization are required.
3. LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English, Romanian and Russian are required. This will be tested.
4. Must have thorough knowledge of host country's economic, financial, social, and political structures and institutions.
5. Must be able to develop and maintain an extensive range of high-level contacts.
6. Must be able to inter-relate economic developments to political and social forces and factors at work in the host country. Must be able to prepare precise and accurate factual and analytical reports. This will be tested.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at https://md.usembassy.gov/embassy/chisinau/jobs/ and/or by contacting the Human Resources Office at ChisinauHR@state.gov or tel. 022-40-8300.