OSCE Mission to Moldova - Human Rights & Gender Equality National Experts for roster
JOB VACANCY - OSCE Mission to Moldova
Vacancy Notice No. VNMOLC00188
The Human Rights and Democratization (HRD) Programme and the Anti-Trafficking and Gender (ATG) Programme of the OSCE Mission to Moldova require the services of experienced national consultants from both banks of Dniester/Nistru River with theoretical and practical expertise in the following fields: human rights, democratic governance, non-discrimination, national minority rights, hate crime prevention, preventing and combating Anti-Semitism, documentation of the population, gender equality, promotion of women’s rights, preventing and combating domestic violence, preventing and combating human trafficking, legal aid, civil society development, institution building and support, and capacity building of justice sector actors and law enforcement.
OSCE Mission to Moldova is looking to enrich its roster of Local Experts/Consultants in the above specified fields. The candidates should be able to perform at least 2 of the tasks specified below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The experts shall be tasked to:
- contribute to the strengthening of the capacity of the judiciary and law enforcement bodies to observe human rights and secure access to justice;
- strengthen accountability and human rights observance in police structures;
- provide trainings to representatives of law enforcement agencies and others on topics related to hate crime and Anti-Semitism;
- analyse and collect data in the fields of hate crime, discrimination, anti-trafficking and gender issues;
- strengthen civil society’s capacity on both banks of the Dniester/Nistru River and in ATU Gagauzia;
- contribute to the improvement of national legislation and analyse it for compliance with international standards, including the ability to conduct legislative analysis from a gender perspective;
- elaborate or evaluate education documents and policies;
- conduct research in the education field on both banks of Dniester/Nistru River;
- raise awareness on democratic elections and democratic governance;
- strengthen the capacity of entities that provide free legal aid;
- strengthen the capacity of independent institutions such as the office of the People’s Advocate (Ombudsman) and the Council on the Prevention and Elimination of Discrimination and Ensuring Equality;
- strengthen the observance of international obligations on minority rights and draft public policy documents based on impact-oriented and human rights approach;
- support participation of civil society, including youth and minorities, in political and legislative processes;
- assess the effectiveness of public policy documents from the point of view of impact on the society and quality of the reform;
- elaborate research, reports, assessments, and act as trainers on issues related to documentation, personal data and access to information on both banks of Dniester/Nistru River;
- prepare presentations and training modules on upgrading skills of psychologists, social workers and coordinators of shelters and crisis centers, as well as on the practical implementation of gender equality issues and promotion of women’s rights;
- deliver interactive trainings and/or elaboration of training materials on promotion of gender equality, women’s rights, preventing and combating domestic violence, and preventing and combating human trafficking;
- provide training for trainers sessions/courses for different types of specialists from schools, central and local public authorities, social service providers and law enforcement representatives on promotion gender equality and women’s rights;
- act as experts responsible for elaboration of research, assessments, training materials, textbooks or other needed resources for the HRD and ATG Programme;
- gender mainstream human rights work, related research, and documentation;
- produce and edit infographics using piktochart software, and manages and compiles information into the infographics;
- elaborate research, reports, assessments, training materials in gender equality issues and promotion of women’s rights;
- provide public lectures to youth to promote gender equality, women’s rights as well as prevent and combat domestic violence.
- Advanced degree in law, political science, social and sociological sciences, psychology, and other related fields, with a focus on promotion of gender equality;
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience;
- Previous experience in democracy promotion, civil society development and legislative analysis;
- Previous experience in delivering interactive trainings and/or elaboration of training materials;
- Previous experience in working as experts/facilitators tasked with the elaboration of researches, reports, assessments in the above-mentioned fields;
- Knowledge of the national context (legislation, actors, and overall needs) including in ATU Gagauzia and on the Left Bank of the Dniester/Nistru river;
- Extensive knowledge of international and national standards in the above mentioned areas;
- Fluency in Romanian or Russian languages; knowledge of English is an asset;
- Citizen or resident of the Republic of Moldova.
Remuneration will depend on qualifications and experience, and according to the current OSCE consultancy rates.
How to Apply:
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment.
The deadline for submitting the application is 27 July 2017.
Please note that CVs and other applications submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form will not be reviewed.
Applications received after the deadline would not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to achieving a better balance of women and men within the Organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. The OSCE also encourages members of minority groups to apply.