All uploaded application packets should be in PDF format and should adhere to the following naming convention for uploading: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME, as in JONES, JOHN PAUL. Please make every effort to include all materials, with the exception of reference letters, in one download. If a second is necessary, please mark it — ADD [date]
Each completed digital package should contain:
- Completed one-page application form – download HERE
- One-page resume, including:
- Academic major and minor, date or expected date of graduation
- Permanent and current addresses
- Email, website and social media addresses
On a separate page:
- Three work/character references, including titles, email addresses and phone numbers
- Hot links to digital work samples
- Cover letter no longer than two pages highlighting your qualifications and making your case for becoming a Hearst Fellow
- Two letters of recommendation. These may be submitted with the package or emailed separately to email@example.com.
When you have gathered all the necessary materials, click here to apply.