August 5th – August 15th, 2017 in Prague, Czech Republic
The Journey Program is an annually organized intensive summer course focused on offering participants unique experience through interactive seminars and workshops conducted by professional journalists, editors and media experts from world’s most renowned news outlets and agencies such as BBC, CNN, the New York Times, Reuters or the Wall Street Journal. Organized by the Bakala Foundation, Journey aims to bring together promising students of journalism and media from around the world and give them the opportunity to learn from top professionals in the field and to create a unique, inspiring experience. Participants undergo series of workshops on current trends and tools used in reporting, data collection and analysis, investigative journalism and many more aspects of modern media work as well as a number of practical exercises including real-time field reporting. The course will be taking place August 5-15, 2017.
The successful candidates will receive full scholarship covering travel costs, visa related expenses, room and board and study materials-related expenses.
Eligibility Criteria - All candidates must satisfy the following requirements:
- Current university students of journalism, media studies or related fields
- Must have successfully completed minimum of two academic semesters of full-time study by August 2017
- Excellent academic standing
- Very good oral and written English language skills
- Citizenship of one of the following countries: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States of America
- Passport valid until September 2018 and ability to travel to the Czech Republic
Application procedures - please review carefully
Each candidate must submit online application form, including:
- Personal data - Information on your education, professional experience, publications and received awards
- Official transcript or equivalent document (in PDF format)
- Curriculum Vitae (in PDF format)
- Personal statement (max. 500 words)
- Individual project pitch on the annual topic “Populism” (max. 200 words)
Requested materials must be submitted in English.
Candidates may be contacted and asked to participate in a Skype interview. Candidates must provide all of the information requested above. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Completed application is due by May 7, 2017.