Green Cities: National consultant in Energy Management Information Systems
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Application Deadline: 04 May 2021, 16:00 (GMT+2:00)
Starting date: 18 May 2021
Reference to the project: Moldova Sustainable Green Cities - Catalyzing investment in sustainable green cities in the Republic of Moldova using a holistic integrated urban planning approach
Expected Duration of Assignment: 60 working days till September 2021
The objective of the project is related to the transfer of best international practices of Energy Management Information System (EMIS) and testing it in a group of buildings with a possibility to establish a municipal and national data base on actual consumption of energy, energy raw materials and water in public buildings.
Scope of work
The Consultant will work in close collaboration with Chisinau Municipality, Energy Efficiency Agency (EEA) and under direct supervision of the Green Cities Project Manager and UNDP Country Office in Moldova. Under this activity national consultant is requested to provide full support necessary to pilot EMIS platform as well as providing required support to energy managers for further utilisation.
Requirements for experience
- University degree in Energy, Environment, Engineering, or other closely related field
- Years of experience:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in providing advice to energy management system and energy engineering.
- Proven experience in managing projects related to smart technologies, as well as required tools in energy management.
- Proven knowledge of energy efficiency, energy saving and use of renewable energy development in residential sector.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness by modelling UN values and ethical standards;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills; Excellent analytical skills; Strong oral and writing skills;
- Excellent computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet, Power Point) other advanced programming tools, would constitute an advantage.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Proficiency (verbal and written) in Romanian and English; working level of Russian will be an asset.
Documents to be included
- Proposal: Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work; Providing a brief methodology on how they will approach and conduct the work (if applicable);
- Personal CV, including information about past experience in similar assignments and contact details for referees (at least 3);
- Offeror's Letter confirming Interest and Availability, incorporating the Financial Proposal (in USD, specifying the total lump sum amount as well as the requested amount of the fee per day) in Annex 2.
The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount, and payment terms around specific and measurable (qualitative and quantitative) deliverables (i.e. whether payments fall in installments or upon completion of the entire contract). Payments are based upon output, i.e. upon delivery of the services specified in the TOR. In order to assist the requesting unit in the comparison of financial proposals, the financial proposal will include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (including fees, taxes, travel costs, accommodation costs, communication, and number of anticipated working days).
Job details: https://sc.undp.md/jobdetails/2219/
APPLY ONLINE https://sc.undp.md/jobapplication2/2247