Position Title: Business Support Advisor
Business LINE and GROUP: International Development, Economic Engagement & Private Sector Development (EE & PSD)
Position Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan is seeking a Business Support Advisor for an anticipated project in Moldova. The purpose of the Future Technologies Activity (FTA) is to enhance the competitiveness of Moldovan transformative sectors, including, but not limited to, light manufacturing, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), precision engineering, creative industries, and digital media production, and to improve the country’s integration with Western markets in these sectors.
- Provide general component leadership and strategic guidance for business support institution strengthening activities, including strengthening business associations, centers of business excellence, and similar business support institutions
- Meet regularly with the project Chief of Party and heads of other project units to participate in project leadership and strategic decision-making.
- Manage the collection, entry, and analysis of data collected through project activities.
- Lead assessments designed to better understand specific issues and challenges.
- Develop and implement a strategy for ensuring the sustainability of business strengthening activities for associations, centers, and related institutions beyond the life of the project, working closely with partner entities, including potential financial partners.
- Provide general institutional strengthening to provider associations, towards ensuring the professional and efficient operation of these organizations.
- Lead and directly supervise project component staff and consultants.
- Assist with other project activities as needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other relevant discipline;
- A minimum 12 years of experience working in business association support and development;
- Knowledge and understanding of association sustainability and financing challenges faced by associations in Moldova;
- Knowledge and experience with the policy and regulatory environment as relates to the business associations in Moldova;
- Knowledge of, and experience implementing, business development services, including training, counseling, and facilitating access to finance;
- Experience with assessments and research focused on markets, business, finance, or economics;
- Experience managing a team of skilled technical professionals;
- Excellent project management, communication, writing, and computer skills;
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation methodology and reporting procedures;
- Ability to negotiate, manage and build partnerships.
To Apply: Qualified prospective candidates should send resume with cover letter by e-mail to Moldovajobs@nathaninc.com. Reference position title Business Support Advisor in the subject line. Please apply by April 15,2021. No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted.