Internship gives opportunities to obtain practical experience in working with a research project within academia in an international environment. Internship tasks will vary in terms of current project’s needs.
The aim of the internship is to give the interns the possibility to:
- Experience how the organization works on a day-to-day basis
- Independently code factual V-Dem variables which are included in the dataset
- Produce materials such as Policy Briefs, literature reviews, Working Papers, or other written materials within different research projects based on the V-Dem data
- Assist with management of V-Dem dataset
- Produce weekly graphs for the website and help with outreach and dissemination
- Assist with other administrative tasks at the Institute
- The applicant should be currently enrolled in a master’s or bachelor's program and do the internship as part of their studies, that is receive academic credit for the internship program at their home university.
- The working language at V-Dem is English and thus advanced fluency in English is required. Knowledge of other languages such as French, Portuguese, Spanish, and/or Russian is an asset.
- Previous quantitative Research Methods courses is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of statistical programs, such as R and/or Stata, is an asset.
- Internship is unpaid but students will receive academic credits.
How to Apply?
Please send your CV and cover letter, indicating your preferred internship dates, to Nazifa Alizada, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: April 20, 2021. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Due to the immense number of applications, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Details: Internships | V-Dem (v-dem.net)