Vacancy Number: Pr21/02174
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Application Deadline: 04 March 2021, 16:00 (GMT+2:00)
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Starting date: 29 March 2021
Reference to the project: EU4Moldova: Focal regions
Expected Duration of Assignment: March 2021 – March 2022, estimated workload: up to 90 working days
Scope of work
The overall objective of this assignment for the Media & Communications Consultant (hereinafter Consultant) to assist the EU4Moldova Focal Regions Programme (hereinafter the Programme) in the implementation of the Communications Plan, drafting and editing programme external outreach materials (success stories, press releases, content for the upgraded www.eu4cahul.md and www.eu4ungheni.md, etc.), and media events organisation.
Requirements for experience
- University degree in communications, journalism or other related field.
Years of experience:
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in working with mass media, experience in communications, social media or related relevant fields;
- Proven experience in developing press releases and success stories (please present a portfolio of news, success stories, press releases, reportages, publications, other relevant communications materials developed within the last 5 years);
- Experience in web content development and maintenance are an advantage;
- Experience in event organization will be considered an advantage;
- Experience in similar assignments with UN agencies and/or international organizations, and/or EU-funded projects/programmes are an advantage.
- Knowledge and skills of handling MS Office and web-based platforms;
- Excellent command of Romanian. Working knowledge of English and Russian will be considered an asset.
Personal Qualities and other requirements:
- Excellent written communication skills, ability to present information logically, clearly and concisely;
- Effective communication skills, ability to think creatively to develop and implement innovative solutions in a challenging environment;
- Proven ability to manage diverse and complex tasks required. Ability to achieve results and meet strict deadlines in an effective manner, maintaining a high-quality standard throughout;
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal skills;
- Proven commitment to the core values of the United Nations respecting differences of culture, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, language, age, HIV status, disability, and sexual orientation, or other status.
Documents to be included
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Portfolio of news, success stories, press releases, reportages, publications, other relevant communications materials developed within the last 5 years (see the template of Candidate’s Annex 1);
- Personal CV including past experience with tasks required by this assignment;
- Financial proposal incorporated in the Offeror’s Letter to UNDP confirming interest and availability for the Individual Contractor assignment (template attached to announcement). The financial proposal must be reflected in USD, specifying daily fee and total lump sum amount multiplied with the number of anticipated working days (indicated in ToR).
The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount. The payment for services will be made post factum on a lump-sum deliverables basis, as per contract, after the work has been accepted by the Programme Manager. In order to assist the requesting unit in the comparison of offers, the financial proposal will include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (including fee per day, mobile phone costs, number of anticipated working days, etc.).
Requests for clarification only must be sent by standard electronic communication to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. UNDP will respond by standard electronic mail and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all applicants.