IREX Moldova is informing about recruitment for the 2021-2022 Community Solutions Program
The Community Solutions Program (CSP) is a year-long professional development program for community leaders (age 25-38) who are working to improve their communities by addressing issues related to energy and the environment, peace and conflict resolution, transparency and accountability, and women and gender.
Community Solutions provides community leaders from around the world with a four-month professional development exchange that includes hands-on learning and leadership training in the United States. Community Solutions Fellows then return to complete a six-month community-based initiative to integrate what they have learned with their community work in their home country.
To be eligible for the Community Solutions Program, applicants must meet the requirements listed below.
- You are between the ages of 25 and 38 as of January 1, 2021
- You are a citizen of one of the eligible countries
- You are living and working in your home country
- You have at least two years of experience working on community development, either as a full-time or part-time employee or volunteer
- You are not currently participating in an academic, training, or research program in the U.S.
- You have a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English at the time of application. Semifinalists will be required to take or submit recent scores for a TOEFL or IELTS English language test
- You are available to travel to the U.S. for four months from August to December 2021
- You are not a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. and have not applied for U.S. permanent residency within the past three years
- You are eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa
- You are committed to returning to your home country for a minimum of two years after completing the program and
- You are not a current IREX employee or consultant, or their immediate family member.
Applications for the 2021-2022 Community Solutions Program will be accepted between Wednesday, September 16 and Wednesday, October 28, 2020.
Applications must be submitted online at https://oas.irex.org/csp/Logon?ReturnUrl=%2fcsp by Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST to be considered. Applications that are mailed, faxed or emailed to IREX will not be accepted.
Please direct any questions after reading this document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details about the Program and eligibility criteria, please follow the link: https://www.irex.org/program/community-solutions-program-application-information